The Brotherhood is pleased to announce that it has received a State Government Grant of $45,000 towards upgrading and renovating the ground floor toilets and restrooms at our Lefkadian Hall in Coburg.
The grant is a dollar for dollar grant which means the Brotherhood must also raise $45,000 towards the upgrade works by way of funds and work in kind in accordance with the Government Grant guidelines.
Anyone who wishes to donate to the Lefcadian Brotherhood Restroom Upgrade Donation Fund or wishes to provide voluntary services in kind, such as painting, plastering, electrical, plumbing and tiling is asked to contact a committee member.
Anticipated completion of the renovation works is January 2022
To date, the Brotherhood has raised the following donations and we give special thanks for their generosity and support:
- $5,000 (Kathy Katapodis)
- $1,000 (name withheld on request)
- $1,000 (Popi Kavadias)
- $1,000 (Fantina Konidaris)
- $1,000 (names withheld on request)
- $100 (Angela Benias)
- $820 (Donation from a table from the Mother’s Day Luncheon – names withheld on request)
- $1,470 raised through donations at the funeral of the late George Korfiatis. We thank Arthur Korfiatis and family for this generous gesture and support during this dfficult time
- $13,000 Lefcadian Cultural Association (now a deregistered Incorporated Association)
Total Raised to date $24,390
Donations above $500 will be recorded in the Donors, Benefactors and Great Benefactors Special Register of the Brotherhood.
The brotherhood has also received “in kind” donations from the following:
- Chris Kavadas – CK Painting (painting)
- Anonymous donations of services and materials
- The Committee (consulting services & labour)
- Victorian Bluestone Quarries (the Late Anthony Skliros Family) Bathroom stone benchtops
The Committee wishes to also give special thanks to all volunteers and sponsors of the Lefcadian Brotherhood and thanks everyone for attending and supporting our functions especially during the Covid pandemic.
Categories: Lefkas Connect, News
Leave a Reply