Lefkadian Hall Hire

The Lefkadian Hall is available for hire for all occasions including, engagements, baptisms, 21sts & memorials.

The hall space is approximately 200 sqm and has a small stage and commercial kitchen. Tables and chairs are available as well as crockery and cutlery. Current Covid 19 Capacity is 100 seated.


There is ample parking in the surrounding side streets and the Coles shopping centre carpark entry via Waterfield Street and Victoria Street which generally has free parking for 2 hours from 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday and unrestricted parking outside those hours.

There is also a small free car park (unrestricted) at 2A Lobb Street, entry via Ross Street diagonally behind the hall as well as parking in surrounding streets. The Lobb Street carpark whilst close to the hall, has an uneven and unsealed surface and may be difficult for elderly residents with walking difficulties.

Please check parking signs for time restrictions and respect the privacy of nearby residents.

Hall Hire fees:

Non-members: memorials / afternoon / morning functions $300 (week days) and evening functions $600.

A minimum bond of $100 is required. A higher bond may be requested for higher risk events.

Members are requested to contact a committee member to enquire about member discounted rates.


The hall will require a professional clean after each event. The standard cleaning fee and waste removal charge is $150 provided the hall is left in a tidy and neat condition. This charge in is addition to the Hall Hire charge.

Enquiries and Bookings:

To book the hall, please download and complete the Lefkadian Hall Hire Agreement here and the Lefkadian Hall Covid 19 Agreement here and email them to a committee member or contact a committee member for further details.

The Lefkadian Hall has Heritage Significance

The Lefkadian Hall was a former Antient York Lodge No. 80 Temple until sold to the Brotherhood in 1986. The Hall is of local historic and aesthetic significance to the City of Moreland. Of historic significance, as the first Masonic temple to be constructed in Coburg and the first permanent home of the Antient York Lodge which formed in Melbourne in 1879.

Also, as a meeting place for the Coburg and wider Masonic communities from 1911 to 1986, and for its strong connections with the Coburg Council, and particularly with the leaders of the Council who were shaping local policy whilst members and leaders of the Lodge.

Of aesthetic significance, as an intact representative example of an interwar Masonic Temple in the stripped classical style typical of these buildings, which is notable for unusual design detail such as the portico.